Saturday, November 14, 2009

Loads of Dirt

Melissa and I decided to finally start on our backyard. We got the sprinklers taken care of with the help of Brandon (Melissa's cousin). Now it was time to do the grass. We decided against sod since it was cost prohibitive, so the next best thing was this really crazy idea about bringing in 20 cubic yards of stinking (literally) top soil.

This is just one load (10 cubic yards). This one was dumped on a Friday afternoon and another one was delivered Saturday morning. Needless to say it was a lot of dirt. After the first day I could barely move. Oh, so much pain!!!


I was able to borrow a couple of wheelbarrows, but it really was not fun. By the way, that's not a smile on my face. :)

I had to move the dirt from the front all the way to the back. One wheelbarrow at a time.

We made all this these dirt piles so afterward we could just level it out.

The final product.

Thanks Donald for helping me and my hometeacher. Of course, Melissa, too.

5 comments:

Ali said...

I'm so glad you guys are still alive! The yard looks like hard work... I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end! You've got a nice, big yard.

Love the Halloween costumes. Miss you guys!

LeaDawn said...

Good Work! That is a lot of hauling. We are so excited to see your house at Christmas! You should hurry and plant the grass so that daniel and I can have a camp out on your lawn. :D

Melissa & Craig said...

Ty and Melissa!

We've been trying to find y'all for a while now! Such cute boys! Looks like you are doing well! Let's get in contact! ~Melissa (andCraig) Seager

Jessica said...

good to have your blog now! i love keeping up with people this way :) good job on the back yard. we decided against sod too because of the price and did seed. it was grat but had TONS of weeds. i was anal for about one year and was alwyas out there picking them. but since i had braden i've let them take over! time to get back out there as soon as the weather permits :)

Donald said...

I want to see what it looks like now. Let's see a "updated" picture. It was really hard work. Thank you for dinner that night!!