Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Uncharted Territory...

I have never let Casey explore the kitchen until this last week. I didn't want to have to deal with the possibility of him falling over and hitting his head on the tile. Just thinking about that hurts. So, now that he is an AWESOME walker (more about this to come), I feel better about letting him explore. I opened the cupboards that he's allowed in and let him go. At first he kept looking at me like "Is this some kind of trick? Are you just teasing me?" See, he's rather expressionless.



Then after a few minutes, this is the face I get. He was quite excited once he realized that I wasn't going to pull him away, but was still a little hesitant about what to touch.


My one mistake of this new adventure was letting him play in the refrigerator, as you can probably guess he LOVED it, and was quite put out when I made him leave.



It didn't take him long to find one of his favorite things to eat, yogurt!



Now every time he's in the kitchen he goes to the frig and whines, while trying to pull it open. I probably should have known better, but it sure was fun to see how excited he was to be able to explore a little.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I love his smile!!!

It's a Boy!!! said...

He is so cute! I love that he's trying to eat the yogurt.