Sunday, August 24, 2008

Down by the bay...

On June 26th my sisters and I took the 3 kids to the beach for the first time this season. Casey, thankfully, took a little nap while we were there so our trip could be a little longer. We picked a day that was quite cool. When we arrived at the beach about 10:30am it was about 67 degrees outside, and completely overcast. It didn't feel that cold at first and it actually felt colder after the sun came out, someone is going to have to explain that one to me later.

Here is Casey after he woke up from his nap.

Casey was a little afraid of the sand at first. I don't think he liked the way it felt between his feet. By the end of our 2nd trip to the beach a week later, he was covered in sand by the time we left. He did NOT appreciate me taking him into the surf to clean him up. But he and Ryan absolutely LOVED the showers. The ones for washing off your feet were the perfect size for Casey, he was very upset when we left.



Aunt Jenn had fun digging for sand crabs. Jenn held one in her hand for the kids to look at and Ryan actually touched one and said "OOOO, it's creepy." I'd never heard him use that word before. Then to my surprise he held it in his hand and thought it tickled.


When we were getting ready to leave Aunt Kristin and I were cleaning the sand toys while Aunt Jenn kept all of the kids warm in the chair with towels. Casey was perfectly content sitting on Aunt Jenn's lap until I walked up and wanted to take a picture instead of hold him, you can tell how he felt about my decision.


Too cute, I had to include this one.



We finally decided that it was time to go when my niece Payton wouldn't move from this position. When we asked her if she was cold she'd say "Yeah, yeah, yeah."
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hey Melissa! I found your blog off of Lilian Moore's. Your little boys are SO cute! I'm loving the blogging world...it makes it so easy to keep in touch with people!

Anonymous said...

I have ridiculous cute nephews and niece. So.. next post yeah? I've been gone for less then a week and no post?!?! come on.. I'm not in the loop anymore!