Thursday, January 24, 2008

Gatta Gatta....

A few nights ago Tyler had to go to a Scout thing at the Stake Center, so I got the boys down for the night. Ryan was having a hard time winding down so I told him that we would get him a baba (sippy cup), put on his PJs, and then we'd play a game before bed. He says "Okay Mommy" and runs off to the kitchen to get his baba. When we finished playing the game I said "Okay Ryan it's time for bed." He immediately jumped up and ran, which typically means I'm in for a fight. But then he said "Wait Mommy, baba gatta gatta fridge, be right back." He put his baba in the fridge and then ran to his room to go to bed. "Gatta, Gatta" or "Gada, Gada" has been Ryan's filler word from the beginning. He's definitely getting better in creating sentences lately but every so often we get a "Gatta, gatta."

This morning I put Casey down for his morning nap then came back out to get some things done. Ryan said "Mommy, sit down," which means Mommy come play, so I did. We started pushing his cars around the alphabet mat he's sitting on in the pictures. After a few minutes of driving Ryan says, "Oh Mommy, I so excited," and then said it 4 or 5 more times over the next few minutes. I guess that's my cue to spend more time driving cars with Ryan. :)

This mat has been great. We finally figured out that Casey is allergic to our carpet, he's had these little bumps all over his legs for quite a while, so this has been great in keeping him off of it. Also Ryan LOVES his letters and loves to put this puzzle together everyday.

If you want to play cars or trains on this mat you must be sure to drive your car along the track, where the pieces intersect, or Ryan will say, "No, Mommy, no, car (train) on track."
Posted by Picasa

No comments: