Saturday, January 26, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow....

Yesterday Jennifer and Payton drove out here to visit for the day. It has been very wet and rainy down here on and off for the last few weeks. With this last storm the snow level dropped down to 4000 feet, so Jennifer and I took the kids to the snow. We drove up to the local mountains which are just about 1/2 hour from here. We would have preferred to have their Dads with us in hindsight so that we could have forced them to have a little more fun with the snow. When we first got there and got them all bundled up they (especially Payton) kept giving us looks like we had snowballs for heads. Jennifer made the snowman that is in the pictures, I was holding Casey so I wasn't much help and neither were the kids. I think they would have had more fun sitting in the car watching their Moms have fun in the snow. The video definitely shows how much our kids LOVED walking in the snow. ;



I really wish I would have ignored Jennifer's wishes for me to turn off the camera. Let's just say that the sledding experience didn't exactly turn out as planned, but she could have done it on purpose (right, Aunt Jenn?) to make Ryan smile again after his mean Mom made him walk in the snow. I found it hilarious that he lost his balance on the very first step he took, talk about negative reinforcement.

So adorable!

This is one of the only smiles we got out of Payton while we were there.

We couldn't find anything for the facial features for the snowman, so Casey donated his Binky for the picture. Thank goodness he didn't need it after that, it was a little cold.


Sometimes I don't know what is going through my sons head. Prior to this picture we were trying to get him to eat snow, Aunt Jenn and I were eating it but he wanted nothing to do with it. Then when we were leaving I told him to say Bye Bye to Frosty and he did, then I said give Frosty a kiss and he did. I was surprised. He doesn't want to walk in it, doesn't want to eat it, but he'll kiss it. Go figure.

Hopefully next time we'll be able to do snow angels with the kids. It has always taken a couple of exposures to get the kids, especially Ryan, used to new things. Hopefully next time he'll feel like he can venture out a little more. Maybe next time Tyler will come to, although he feels that playing in the snow with Ryan doesn't sound fun at all, well, maybe a little fun. (He wanted me to add that last part after reading what I had posted.



5 comments:

JD said...

Ryan's just a california boy... I feel the same way. Who needs Snow?!?!

Jamie and JD said...

yeah....all you California boys can't handle diversity in the weather :) BUT, I'll be honest Melissa, all those California boys sure are CUTE!!

P.S. I'm impressed with all your blogging. And your boys are adorable :)

Connor said...

Man they sure are cute!!! This is the first time that I've seen Payton, what a little stud.

Mikila and I hope that you guys are doing great and hope to see you guys one of these days!

Heather said...

The video was awesome of Ryan and the snow! And the picture of Casey in his snowsuit is too adorable!!!

jaime said...

oh yeah!!! i'm so glad you guys are on here now. you're boys are getting so big! we miss seeing you, but it looks like you are doing well.