Saturday, October 18, 2008

Cardboard Boxes

Ryan is probably like most other little boys. He loves to climb inside large cardboard boxes. We should stop buying toys and just get a whole bunch of cardboard boxes to play in.

We have a pretty big cardboard box hanging around the house and Ryan keeps trying to climb inside of it. The problem is the box is really tall and narrow. Once he gets in, he can't get out.

Ryan started playing in the box again today and while he was trying to get inside I had an epiphany. I decided to build a small house for Ryan so he could easily get in and out of the box.

Check it out. I bet your jealous of my fine engineering skills. I first pulled out the handy dandy kitchen knife - useful for all kinds of things. I sawed out the door and stuck in a door handle and a peephole. It was a little dark inside, so I cut a small window on the side.


Now I'm sure your wondering why I taped a Huggies box to the back of the box. Well, Ryan doesn't play in slow motion, so the first time he got inside the house it just tipped right over. I taped the Huggies box to the back and threw a few heavy law books at the bottom. Ka chow! -it's not tipping over anymore. (I've been watching way too much "Cars". Casey loves it.)

Here is Ryan in his new house. He just loves it.Here is the small window.

Ryan just can't get enough of his new pad. He feels like royalty.
I'm pretty happy with the finished product, since it only took 10 minutes or so to make. Once Casey and Ryan start playing in it together I'm sure it won't last too long. At least if I don't make it in my current career choice I can always fall back on building playhouses out of cardboard boxes. These things would sell like hot cakes.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Awesome. Just another good use for the tp roll (or p.t. roll) I love it! Why do we buy those toys, after all?

p.s. i still don't see us on your "friends blogs" list... are you getting exclusive on me? :)

Lilian said...

It was so fun to see you and your boys! They are darling (crazy too)!

Jacoby Larson said...

So I am going back to school to get a masters in engineering and I still don't know how to make one of those. I guess I need to take cardboard box design 101. Nice work!