Saturday, December 6, 2008

Gingerbread Train

It's the annual "Build A Gingerbread House Day" or in our case "Gingerbread Train". I remember making gingerbread houses every year during Christmastime. Melissa says she never did. Since she missed out, Melissa and I tried last year to build a gingerbread house. Needless to say, it almost fell over. We had to use a ton of frosting and use toothpicks to keep the roof from falling off, and it still looked terrible. This year she decided to build a train which was much easier. The boys have a great time building the train (actually just eating the frosting and candy). I think Melissa had the most fun. Check out the pics.

Here is Casey with his cheesy smile. He doesn't know how to smile like a normal person.

Here is another one of Casey.

And another.
Here is the train nearing its completion.

I finally got Ryan to look at me and smile.

I had to get Melissa in here, since she was the master architect.

I had this one so you could admire Ryan's teeth. I actually took Ryan to his first dentist appointment this week. He did really well. A little bit of crying and whining. Once the dentist told him there was a "treasure chest" of toys to pick from he was a perfect angel. No cavities!!

Here is the final masterpiece. Very nice!!

I had to add this final picture. Even after I bathed the boys and got them all clean Melissa was still working on the train. She was really trying to make sure every inch was covered with frosting and candy. Perfection!!!

2 comments:

Brent said...

Hey, you guys are still around! Nice gingerbread train.

Dan and Hilary said...

You are an amazing mother!!! I can't believe all that you do and that you do it with such a smile! Your cute boys take after you in that respect!:) I loved seeing you again in Arizona, and I hope to be able to have more opportunities to see you in the future!