Tuesday, February 3, 2009

One HUGE Preschool Post....

I LOVE preschool (and so does Ryan). With my friend Ali from church we got our boys in the local Adult School Parent Participation Preschool. It's $125 for 4 months of preschool!!! (There is an additional materials fee and then money for field trips, but still, so cheap.) What's not to like? It is actually a parenting class that I am enrolled in but Ryan gets to go more than I do. It's Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30-11:30am. Ali goes on Tuesday with Ryan and Jake while I watch her daughter, Alisa and I go on Thursday while she watches Casey. It works out great.


Ryan has come a LONG way since starting preschool. At first he didn't want to participate in any of the activities. For example, those are rhythm sticks he's holding and he was supposed to walk around the room hitting them together with the music. Let's just say that didn't happen.


This is a reading station at preschool where they have a story read to them through the headphones.


Ryan and Jake listening during rug time.


Ryan doesn't particularly like cutting, and usually doesn't watch what he is doing. He likes to look around the room while he's cutting. He definitely gets lots of practice because sometimes it feels like that's all we do.


Our first preschool field trip. We went to the local university and went to their Botanic Gardens.


Every month we have a party. Our first party was a Luau. The kids wore their bathing suits and grass skirts (not Ryan) and did the hula (not Ryan). Casey gets to come to the parties too.


Field trip to the local pumpkin patch. The kids got to pick out a pumpkin to take home and we went on a ride in the wagons behind the tractor.


Ryan probably picked up 5 pumpkins before deciding on one.


They had a really cute maze for the kids. There were several ways to get around and the kids just ran wild.

As you can see the adults could see over the bails of hay but the kids couldn't, this was probably Ryan's favorite part.


Ryan patiently waiting and watching for Ali to arrive.


What's not to love?


Field trip to the local apple orchards. Here is Ryan helping to crush apples to make apple cider. Do you know the difference between apple juice and apple cider? For apple juice they cook the juice out. For apple cider they squeeze it out.


Jake demonstrating how the apple picking bag works.


Attempting to take a group photo.


Here is Ryan with all of his preschool art projects. The white foot print at the top is a ghost, and he's holding his spooky house.


That is the apple tree they made in preparation for their trip to the apple orchard.

O.K. so this post wasn't as big as I thought it was going to be. The original plan was to include everything from preschool up to this point. But I'm tired so that's it for today. I promise to try (the key word being try, of course) to post more regularly. This is basically my journal and I need to be better about keeping it up to date.

Well, at least I made my sister, Kristin, and her roommate, Morgan, happy tonight. Goodnight Girls.




1 comment:

Ali said...

Hey! At least now everyone else knows you are alive and well, too! Glad you finally posted. I forgot how it was those first weeks of school. They HAVE come a long way! Fun to read.

Cute pictures of Ryan waiting for me. What a doll. I was probably late, as usual! :0)