Since it looks like I'm going to win the last poll (I voted for countertops), here is another one.
This deals with the Master bathroom. Currently, the master bathroom does not have a door between the bedroom and the bathroom (this is the shower and sink area, the toilet is separate). Plus, there is carpet all the way through the master bathroom.
Would you put a door in or get rid of the carpet and have linoleum? One or the other, not both.
9 comments:
Carpet in your bathroom is weird. And if you spill something, then it's a mess.
JD is worried about peeing on the carpet. I don't know if you have that same problem, Tyler, but maybe your 2 year old will.
We vote for the flooring change.
Here I am again! You don't want carpet in the bathroom--ew! :) Well, in my opinion, anyway. However, I don't think it's too hard to tile (do it yourself--even my bro-in-law has done it!) so you could go for the door and then tile it by yourselves. ??? Depends on what you are willing to do. It IS your bathroom, though. Are you really private? You have to consider the type of people you are... what you're comfortable with, etc.
Exciting! I feel like I'm living it vicariously!
So, I think you should compromise and follow the example of your friends, i.e. Get the door, but leave the floor bare in the bathroom, so that there is only the cement. Then, you can call Donald and myself and we'll help you put in tile or linoleum. (Yes, I am volunteering Donald, hehe.)
Donald says that he is a good labor-er but has never tiled... So I guess that means that he can learn? I actually opted for the linoleum but this is one where I would want both. So I say leave the floor concrete & lay your own linoleum, tile, whatever & get a door that matches the rest of the house. So I think I may be changing my vote... yeah get a door that matches & figure out the floor thing later.
I will come down to help with the tile if you go for the door instead... Trust me, when Tyler gets up early to go to work, you don't want the light coming into the room. Tile is an easy change and will take 2 days to complete, including grouting.
I think that you need to do both. I wish I had a door on mine. Brandon is always brushing his teeth in the other bathroom so he doesn't wake me up. Brandon put vinyl down in our playroom and it was really easy. That you could totally do yourself or tile it yourself. Just take all our tools when you are up here sometime and just so to home depot and do a few cuts.
Tara
Get rid of the CARPET!
I think that is a rediculous option. I say talk to the silly contractor and get both. Since you can only get one, I agree with the tile-later option. Get the door and ask them not to finish the floor in the bathroom. Then you can add tile or linoleum later. Having carpet in the bathroom could be messy.
Hey Melissa, this is Candice from East Pas. Please send me your e-mail so I can invite you to our blog. Your boys are so cute!!
dice16@gmail.com
Post a Comment