Friday, April 18, 2008

Did he say volcano?

I love it! My little boy is growing up so fast.
Ryan's vocabulary and ability to create sentences are ever increasing. Some of my favorite exchanges as of late are as follows:
1. I'm trying to remember the words to a song from Peter Pan that I hadn't seen in ages and I'm fumbling through it when Ryan turns to me and says "Mommy, you don't know the words to that song." I reply, "You're right, Ryan I don't."
2. Tyler says "Ryan it's time to get ready for bed." Ryan replies, "No thanks Daddy, I'm just playing."
3. Ryan and I have had a reoccurring argument lately that goes something like this:
I say, "I love you."
Ryan says, "No, I love you!"
I say, "No, I love you!"
Ryan says, "No, I love you!"
I say "No, I love you!" Then he throws out, "No, You love me!" and the argument continues.
After having this argument over several days he adds, "No, I love Casey."
4. "Ryan it's time for bed." Ryan relies, "No Daddy, there's plenty of time."
5. I had just finished getting ready for church, I was attending by myself because all of my boys were sick, and I walked out of the bathroom and Ryan says, "Oh Mommy, so pretty." Oh my goodness, so adorable. And, No, Mom, he didn't want anything from me. :)

The following video is by far my favorite, and still makes me laugh. He is only 2 so a lot of the words he pronounces don't come out quite right, usually he's pretty close but this one is coming out of left field. My niece Payton has recently discovered "The Backyardigans," on Nick Jr. and has shared her new found obsession with Ryan (since we are to cheap to even pay for basic cable, go bunny ears!). So, while at my parents over conference weekend Ryan got his first taste of the Backyardigans. I won't say anything more, I don't want to spoil it for you, enjoy. Sorry about the lighting, I didn't notice it until now.



No comments: