Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Utah Summer 2010

At the end of July we headed to Utah to visit Tyler's family for a few days. We've decided that trips to Utah are more enjoyable in the summer. Lagoon and boating are much enjoyable than snow. We loaded the kids into my Mom's big SUV at 3:30am for the drive. We still squeeze our 3 kids and 3 5-point car seats into the back of our Corolla. There was no way we were going to make the drive cramped like that, so we road in style, Thanks Mom and Dad!!


Sydney was an awesome traveler at 2 months old. I think all 3 kids were asleep at the same time for roughly 30 minutes.


Our first stop was Lagoon. Here is Ryan and Casey with Halle and Alaina. Because of these 2 girls, I will never have to buy clothes for Sydney. Hurray for hand-me-downs.
Ryan loved it and was so excited and actually wanted to do "The Bat" again with Mom. I was impressed.


We kept telling Ryan to pull the bar in to go higher, and he kept yelling "I know, but I don't want to."


Sydney is one lucky baby she was Katie on my side that is 2 weeks older and Devin on Tyler's side that is 3.5 weeks older. Jennifer and Tara were actually due on the same day but Devin was impatient, actually I think Tara was the impatient one. :)

We bunked with Mia and Nate for the trip and I don't think Casey took this off the whole time we were there. It was definitely the inspiration for his Halloween costume.

Ryan really blossomed as a swimmer last summer. He's awesome. The water at Willard Bay was so warm. We were there for 7 hours and I don't think Ryan ever got completely dry.

I think this picture is actually our first family photo. Pretty sad considering Ryan and Casey have their eyes closed and you can barely see Sydney on the bottom.

It took some MAJOR convincing to get Casey on this thing. "Uncle Mark will not make you fall off, he will make sure you stay dry."

Daddy liked to relive the glory days of Lake Powell Trips, he enjoyed hanging off the back among some other old tricks.
I think this one speaks for itself. So cute!
Exhausted after another 5 minutes of skiing- single ski of course.

Daddy taking Sydney from the boat to the shore.

And here is the whole reason we went in the first place. Tyler's nephew Taylor is currently serving his mission and we went up to play before he left. We love you and miss you Taylor!!

No comments: